BGMC 33 - Galatic Conspiracy

Here is my game, it is a top-down shooter/RPG type game. You explore space as an officer in Earth’s galactic army.

Here is where I got the pixel shader from
SL_RU made it
Pixelate shader, filter2D [BGE]

edit: somehow this ended up in the wrong place :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m still working :slight_smile:

here are a couple of updated pictures:

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 10.53.37 AM

1 Like

Nice work there Freddy :grin: :grinning:

Someday, i think i’ll return to this style of game aesthetic, i feel its more fun than all these 3D Game aesthetics nowadays lol

Fred/K.S

I really like it too, it is a lot of fun to make- though I have to laugh that I am running a shader to make it look like this, are you planning to enter the competition

1 Like

Ive always wished to do BGMC but because of time i will never finish at the rate iam always working at… heck i cant even push as much on my BIGGER projects so there’s Little chance for me to finish in BGMC lol

i’d prefer my monthly esc work on my proj’s …

But i do watch the competition at a distance from an eye !!! and i do comment on the games that get praise, if i don’t then its probably time on my part but i hardly log on the forums unless im posting my own content lol

But thanks for the offer maybe someday id join…’

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Update:

I got the health and respawn system working- though I have run into an issue with the respawn system that will cause the game to crash, and I have no idea why. I have the second level coming along well, and I have been working on a lot of text for the characters to say.

The respawn system is set up using an action connected to a property, if anyone has any ideas why a property with an action causes a crash that would be helpful.

I have an idea, but it’s only happened to me once. Does the property’s name begin with an uppercase letter. I have a blend file that crashes if I start any property in it with an uppercase. I only suggest this because it sounds like you’re saying the system isn’t very complex and shouldn’t have much that can go wrong with it.

1 Like

That sounds like something I can try… the greatest joy I have in life is going through every single property and lowercasing them :slight_smile: this will be a good task to do today (I have to laugh that I have been coding in C++ for a while and yet I am still in the habit of uppercasing all of my blender stuff…)

Thanks for the idea

I died about 15 times in a row without a crash now, so that fixed it (now I just have to go fix literally everything else)

thank you!

1 Like

Glad that fixed it! Oh, boy, renaming every property… not fun.

It doesn’t seem to be an issue usually, I wonder what triggers it?

I’m not sure what causes it, though I didn’t actually end up changing all of them (I thought I had, but there are so many)

Well I am still having problems with crashing, it is not quite as bad now… I have checked all the properties I can find, but I’m not sure if I got them all.