BGMC (Blender Game Making Contest) 24 dates...

So it looks like BGMC 24 will start on the 15th of April!
Get ready and tell your friends.
This time around should be a bit less stressful and more easygoing as there aren’t any big money prizes.
People will only be competing for the honor of winning.

That means it’s a good time to have a go if you’ve never tried a BGMC before.

Before the competition I’ll make an official announcement post with the Theme and Rules and everything else.
You can join the facebook group if you want to keep up with what’s going on, or check here on Blender artists forum.

You might want to spend the next ten days looking at games made by past winners, or doing some experiments of any new techniques you’re planning to use during the competition. I wouldn’t recommend trying any untested techniques during the 7 days, you’ll run out of time. But if you’ve never used the Navmesh feature, now’s a good time to brush up on it. Or LOD or anything else…

But if you’ve never used the Navmesh feature…

Is that a hint to the theme?:stuck_out_tongue:

That idea about testing things before the contest was in fact a really great idea! if i felt confident in making a game within a week? im DEFINITELY am going to make a game within a few days now! i cannot wait for the theme to drop!

I’ve been working on a lot of new ideas for games, and i’ve really started to understand what people look for in a game- so I am really excited for this competition.

Good luck all

Fredstash

I personally like it more when there is no prize because it makes the competition feel more personal and fun and less agressive.

It’s nice to play for a prize, but I usually donated mine to the next competition anyway. :slight_smile: Hopefully this one will be relaxed and fun and there should be some interesting entries.

BTW, the theme will be announced this Friday one day before the competition.
Planning and ideas will be a big part of this one, so it wouldn’t be fair to give people too much lead time.