BGMC22: Vote Now

(Joshua Jay) #21

Here’s what I did in less then a day

If that doesn’t Load then you will have to use This or the other for Easy / Hard Game Mode
Easy Game Mode https://www.mediafire.com/?a46u8wx6sb67tiy
Hard Game Mode https://www.mediafire.com/?xdg2cazgr858yk9

Caution This game runs at a constant speed of 160 FPS

I was able to get 800+ fps on my Low-end 10 year old quadGaming Pc
but I lowed it for anyone that might have less specks then me.

Credits
All modules and animations, game logic was done by me; Joshua_Jay.
Snow-Pic and Sky-Pic used for reflection where free form http://spiralgraphics.biz
Music Name “Galactic_Voices_Combined_Remastered” By TeknoAxe website http://teknoaxe.com/Home.php

(Lucrecious) #22

Alright. Time to start my game NOW.

(Nicholas_A) #23

here is the thread to my game: https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?411150-BGMC-22-Every-Man-s-Sky&p=3123935

(sdfgeoff) #24

@Joshua Jay:
There is no mailing list because it’s handled by a different person each time. Most BGMC’s (including this one) are taken up for discussion about a month before they start.

It’s good to see you got an entry in!

@Everyone:
1-day bug fixing time. Make sure all textures are packed etc.

(Joshua Jay) #25

If afew of us keep there eyes open for BGMC and send others an email when they do, it’s all too easy to spread the word and give people form other BGMC a chance to get started on the next.

(Grenzer) #26

So a day from now would be sometime on the afternoon of the 29th? Could you round it up 12:00 pm on the 29th GMT, so all submissions are in by the 30th? With the deadline as it is now, I’ll be in school when the final versions of our games need to be submitted so I couldn’t do any patching.

(sdfgeoff) #27

Entries are now closed. Blends will be taken from the most recent post before now.

Well done to all 11 people who got a game finished

(Thatimster) #28

Is there a countdown for voting to start?

(sdfgeoff) #29

Here is the official all games pack

To play all the games you need:
UPBGE 0.1.2 (Windows Linux)
Blender 2.78a (Pick your OS)
Blender 2.75 (Pick your OS)
Blender 2.72 (Pick your OS)

Congratulations to all those who managed to complete an entry.

Voting will start later today when I have made the voting form…

(CG Sky) #30

Kinda confused with the layout of the voting results. The higher the better the game is doing right? If thats correct the voting results are kind of marvelous to me, but i guess its personal preference as well.

(Nicholas_A) #31

How do you vote

(Nicholas_A) #32

nevermind I got it.

(gandalf3) #33

By the way, A Walk in the Park does not require UPBGE.
It appears to be in the UPBGE directory in the all games pack, but it should work just fine in vanilla 2.78a

(gandalf3) #34

Also, out of curiosity, does the 30MB limit apply to the uncompressed or the compressed versions?

(Thatimster) #35

Our one got penalized as it was 39mb compressed, so I think compressed is the limit that applies.
I wonder if using .rar instead would have reduced the size instead of .zip…?

Anyway, generic proposal for counting community votes:

>> Creators of the game should have their votes discarded <<

While all creators might vote 5/5/5/5 for their own game it is not fair on the games with only 1 creator compared to games with a team of 2 or more.
The team with 2+ creators will get more 5/5/5/5 scores than the team with 1 creator who votes 5/5/5/5.
This is obviously bias and not a fair representation.

(sdfgeoff) #36

@Thatimster:
Yes, it is compressed size. I tried several different compression methods and none got it below about 37Mb

Anyway, generic proposal for counting community votes:

>> Creators of the game should have their votes discarded <<

While all creators might vote 5/5/5/5 for their own game it is not fair on the games with only 1 creator compared to games with a team of 2 or more.
The team with 2+ creators will get more 5/5/5/5 scores than the team with 1 creator who votes 5/5/5/5.
This is obviously bias and not a fair representation.

I was hoping that people would be sensible while voting, but unfortunately they have not. There (amongst other cases) is a person voting highly for one game and voting 1 for all the other games several times in rapid succession.

As such, I have had to edit/discard some of the votes. I have tried to be fair about this, so I will open up the spreadsheet to you. Here are all the results, and ‘who’ did them. There are three sheets down the bottom, one is the sheet that generates the overal results and the chart. Another is the raw votes and the third sheet is the votes I have removed/originals if edited. I have put a comment by all of the removed ones stating why I have removed it. If you wish to discuss one that is removed or report a fraudulent vote, please do.

(Nicholas_A) #37

Just so you know, I did not do that.

(Grenzer) #38

Well, all you needed to vote was a username, right? I don’t think didn’t need to give a password. Maybe all votes should be discarded unless the voter leaves a comment here confirming that it was them who voted. Otherwise, a troll user could just find the names of community members and give fraudulent votes under their username.

(Nicholas_A) #39

That’s a good idea but the problem with it is, what if a real voter doesn’t comment?

(Grenzer) #40

On the Google Doc form, below where it asks you for your username, it could have in size 50 font, in bold italicized letters “YOU MUST LEAVE A COMMENT ON THE VOTING THREAD TO HAVE YOUR VOTE VALIDATED” than everyone would see it and know to leave a comment.