Bicycle Dream

Hi dear Community :v:

Many of you have probably already seen the project on Facebook.
Since it was so well received, I will post it here again (with some small changes)

I mainly used Blender, Gimp and Inkscape.
No CAD data or scans where used. Just reference Images. All Textures an Shaders where also selfmade.

I hope you like ist and C&C is welcome
Have a nice day :v: :blush:

114 Likes

This is very well done.
I would love to take a couple of hot laps on this bad boy. :metal:t2:

1 Like

I love it! Attention to detail is really impressive, I tried my best to find mistakes, but the only tiny niggle that I spotted was (possibly) directx normal map on the grips - the relief seems to morph from concave to convex, maybe inverting the green channel could help.
But this is just nitpicking, sorry for that. The project is a huge success, a beautiful demo of your modeling excellence. Congratulations:)

1 Like

I have inverted the normals, the problem seems to be a kind of optical illusion. But, anyway, the Grip is the most boring Part, maybe I make a new one?
Thank you for your Comment!
btw. I love your Crosser :blush:

2 Likes

Oh I see, indeed the normal map’s clearly fine. I must have tried a bit too hard to find anything to complain about :slight_smile:
And I should have given my eyes some rest before commenting!
Again congrats, this project makes a huuge impression each time I scroll through it.
And thanks, I appreciate your opinion. Have a nice day!

1 Like

Naa, thank you! :blush: there are still some bad issues :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Wow.
This is amazing… great work!

1 Like

Thank you @magdesign :blush:

Awesome :astonished: :star_struck:

1 Like

Absolutely lavish. I count nine gears. Is that?

It should be 10 Gears :woman_shrugging:

Thank you :blush:

Lol, they are. 4th was hidden by that pipe :mountain_biking_man: :mountain_biking_man: :mountain_biking_man:

You’re #featured! :tada:

1 Like

OMG OMG OMG thank you :hugs::dancer:

1 Like

I happen to be a former mountain biker and I certify this bike to all kind of terrains :slight_smile:
Great job!

1 Like

AAAAAWESOOOOOOOME! (yes this is a complete sentence blenderartists)

1 Like

Really great work!

I’m also currently modeling a bycicle so I have a few questions. :smiley:

How did you model the tires and textured them? (especially the text labels on it)
The chain doesn’t match up to the gear wheels, or do they? I’m asking because I didn’t find a way yet to match them easily.^^

Thank you
“How did you model the tires and textured them? (especially the text labels on it)”
Just unwrapp them :woman_shrugging:

“The chain doesn’t match up to the gear wheels, or do they? I’m asking because I didn’t find a way yet to match them easily.^^”
Since this is not a Scan, it`s quite difficult to find the right Messurements… But you can try to scale the chain and the chainrings/casset till it match… It was just laziness in this case :woman_shrugging: Good eyes btw. :wink:

1 Like

WOW simply amazing!!

1 Like