Big Family Treehouse

Made this for the CGBoost challenge “Treehouse”.
One of my favorite renders so far, take me a lot of days to think about the composition and make this, I’m really happy with the result and hope you like it.

72 Likes

I saw this on the CGBoost challenge and was really impressed. I can tell you put a lot of time into it. The whole layout of having an island on still waters with nice reflection really worked. I am kind of wondering what models/plugins/techniques you used to get such an amazing tree, if you feel like sharing. The fact that you used such a wide variety of things to get the look, without it looking cluttered at all; really nice composition.

There are several other people who’ve posted their entries to this challenge, some of them are really good, but I think you have a good shot at the top 3. Best of luck with the contest!

1 Like

Thank you so much, I’m glad you like it, yeah it takes me few days to make it, im using an old laptop from 2013 to make my render, so i dont want to make a really complex scene with a hi-res model and texture thats why i came with this concept, an island on water and shoot form far distance so i dont have to use high texture resolution and still have a decent render, even though it still takes 4 hours to render :joy:, I modeled almost all the assets, and download few objects from some web like the boat and small bird just to add small details, and texturing all the objects after that, for the tree bark i use skin modifier and sculpt that to add more details and use the same technique for the island, and for the leaves firstly, i add an ico sphere and use the particle system to spread the leaves and emit the particle using the volume of that ico sphere, for the water i use the volume output on the material and give a sligtly gree color to it, i also made the character using character creator 3, my english is not so good, but i hope you can understand what im saying cheers​:blush:

1 Like

:+1:
congrats.

1 Like

Hope you like it

1 Like

Looks awesome

1 Like

This is one of the most interesting compositions I’ve ever seen here in the Artwork section. Great job. This image is really pleasing to look at, and the composition and its details are well thought out!

1 Like

Thank you so much😄

1 Like

Boy! You’re a genius :star_struck:

1 Like

thank you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

thank you😁

1 Like

Nice composition and story,

Congrats to Honorable mention: :grinning:

Good Job :+1:

1 Like

thank you😊

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

wind
great work, I just thought it was weird

1 Like

thanks😁, yeah i know, i notice that right after my render’s finished,this image takes 4 hours to render on my laptop😅,thats why i didnt change that.

Perspective of the sky really bothers me, no convergence to horizon.
But overall its really nice!

1 Like

Thanks, i will fix that later

1 Like

Stunning! I want to go fishing!

1 Like