Bird of Prey

That’s very very nice! Fantastic animation. The effects on the bird are excellent. A couple of minor things could have been improved, like the way the birds right wing passes through the bridge a couple of times as he’s taking off. I love the way it flies, but I find the landing rather abrupt, and the take off slightly also.

Very cool though!
Keep it up man!

the graphic within the node. I can see the actual node itself just fine, but not what it is viewing. I turned up the brightness all the way on my monitor, too.

You have an excellent knowledge and use of Blender and its features for professional work. Thank you for trying to advance it. I hope sales are good and thus inspire other pros to make this.

Regarding Cuby’s point; I saw that too, but I think it only appears as though his wing flies through the bridge, but it is an optical illusion or a blur issue; the bridge is an actual model so it would be impossible to render it as such. However, I know what you are saying - it does look like maybe the blur or the streaks cut through…interesting observation.

Thanks Cuby. I appreciate your critiques. Regarding the wing through the bridge thing, I’d need to doublecheck, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t pass through it. Chances are good that’s the particle stream going through and the wing not. Of course, I could be wrong. I do, however, agree that it’s a bit awkward and could pretty easily be fixed. However, I actually like the take-off and fly-by at the end. :stuck_out_tongue:

PapaSmurf, thank you very much for your kind words. My guess is that the either there was no data going to the viewer node (making it show up black), or it simply did not refresh itself properly (might be a combination problem between an ATI video card and a development version of Blender).

Thanks again to everyone.