Pattern with circles
Updated to v.1.6.4.
- Two new modes were introduced to work separately, one for materials (easier to use) and the second – for node groups (for advanced shader making). In the “Material” mode, the entire material is stored and loaded. In the “NodeGroups” mode, everything works without changes, a separate node group is saved and loaded for the convinient creating complex shaders.
- In the “NodeGroup” mode uploaded node group adds to the current open node group instead of the node tree root as before.
- Experimental mode can be enabled/disabled in the add-on preferences.
Updated to v.1.6.5.
- Added the “Help” button with some useful tips.
BIS updated to v/ 1.7.0
- As an experimental mode added the ability to store external textures to the BIS storage. The total size of the stored textures should not exceed 25 Mb.
But BIS still accenting on procedural materials.
How to make a pattern from the single element of the BIS library
BIS updated to v/ 1.7.1
- Deselects all other nodes when adding node group from BIS
- Some inner engine changes
BIS updated to v. 1.8.0.
- Added two modes to the BIS panel in 3D_VIEW window: Materials and Meshes. “Meshes” works as previously for saving/loading objects. “Materials” – for simply adding materials to the active object.
- Fixed critical bug from the previous version which breaks saving/load materials with nested groups.
BIS updated to v. 1.8.1.
- If you get material from the “3D Viewport” window it sets to all selected objects, not only to active.
- New sub-panel “Tools” added to the BIS panel in the “3D Viewport” window. Added new tools button “Active to Selected” to copy material from active object to all selected objects.
It is not BIS error, it seems, this is a confilct of python of different versoins.
Do you have other python verisons installed in your system manually or with other programs?
what shows the following system variables:
Sorry. I had no idea it wasn’t a BIS issue. I’v enabled built in addons before but never an external one.
My %Path% system varible is %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpv64;
My PYTHONPATH is C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpv64
I’m not sure how to get my python version…When I search in the start bar I find two instances of Python.exe
The normal “python.exe” says 3.6.3 in the cmd window.
The Python 3.7 (64-bit) window says 3.7.6.
I should note that I am running Windows 10.
C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpv64 is Smooth Video Player which I use to watch movies on my computer.
I guess…what version of Python should I have to run this addon?
Blender 2.81 uses python 3.7.4.
I guess that you need to correct system python to be the same.
Another version - as I see, you use the Steam version of Blender. Try to download the zip-archive from the blender.org, unpack it and run Blender from it, install the BIS add-on to it and try to run. Maybe that will works.
Thanks for the help. I downloaded python 3.7.4 and things worked great.
I wonder why Blender doesn’t just come with the version of python it needs.
It comes. I think in your system something (steam or video player) changed the pointer to python and Blender doesn’t see the required verrsion of python. You reinstalled python and the pointer fixed.
I have just baught Your plugin at https://bis.interplanety.org/
Because I needed immidiately help with materials.
Unfortunately after intallation plugin NOT works. Can not login to my account.
I try to reset new pass on Your website - and set simple pass to do not complicate situtation. After that I can not login to my account on blender and on Your webiste. Right now I don’t know what’s is going on - Sorry but this is ridiculous. Please tell me how can I login to my account and use material lib
If you need to change password for your BIS account - do it only on the bis-site.
When you cannot logon to the BIS though the add-on, are any errors messages in the system console (window - show system console)?
Even I reset pass - it doesn’t work - on Your website and in addon
I sent you an e-mail.