blacklist users from posting

Is it possible to block certain users from posting in my threads?

I’m surprised that nobody’s mentioned this, but there is an option to add a user to your ignore list. As far as I understand, that means that you will not see their posts. They can still post, but you won’t see it.

It’s a bit of a catch-22, though, because if you’re sensitive enough to be upset by seeing what they write, you’re probably going to be dying of suspense if you don’t know what they’re writing…

I think Mmph! knows about the ignore option, but didn’t want the drive-by postings from people upset with him for his comments in other threads. Off-topic spill-over flames, so to speak.

No, HOWEVER, It would be easier to know your rights in this forum if they were listed in the FAQS.

I too have reported a member for repeatedly sending me pms not only insulting me, but my country, and my team mates.

Yet nothing was ever done about the PMs, why? because they are private right? WRONG!

It depends on which mod you are asking for help. They all go by different rules, notions and thoughts.
(used as an example only, this issue is closed)
I myself was banned yesterday for 2 weeks, for saying I would respond in kind to anyone PMing me, or insulting me in a post. You see I thought Pms were Private messages.

But according to Basse, they are not. And what was the terrible thing I said? I said Idiot! yep, idiot.:stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently its ok for them to send you nasty emails, and post nasty posts to you, but you may not respond in kind in private.

Yet the when I had a problem with a member (Idiot) who constantly was pm me the most disgusting messages, which I forwarded to other mods, was never banned for it!

Cool huh. There are many things like this happening in this forum.

Some members are allowed to run around wildly insulting everyone here and there, and we are told to ignore them:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=111512

Having revived threads closed because they are less than 3 months old, yet letting people revive threads from over a year ago because that member wanted too. (used as an example only this issue is closed)

So, I suggest this:

The mods should be talking about us behind closed doors. They should be talking about us more, and they should/must put the LAWS in writing, and stick to them for everyone, not just those they are threatened by, or those that are their favorite members.

It is or it isnt.

Now for writing this I will soon be banded forever!!!

But I live in a country that has freedom of speech for all. I have been told by mods, this is not a free speech forum. I understand that.

I also understand that PMs are private, and I will continue to respond in kind in my PM’s.

itytrx>> which country is that? I’m in the USA. I am not aware of any countries with freedom of speech for all.

aha… very nice.

i just say this: we do not go by different rules, and yes, we do discuss about actions before taking them.

.b