Blank viewport when looking at the scene through any camera

Hello,

I’m having a weird problem where the viewport is empty when looking at a scene trough the active camera (numpad 0). Not sure what’s going on here, but I’ve got a few leads:

• When viewing the scene through the camera, clicking anywhere to place the 3D cursor results in a cursor position of (nan, nan, nan)
  • My backups of the project from an hour ago or earlier all work fine, so it seems like some data got corrupted and saved to the .blend file.
  • I have tried resetting the view, zooming and panning but the problem persists.
  • Selecting objects still seems to work, i.e I see the active object changing when I right click blindly in the viewport.
  • The error only seems to occur when viewing the scene through a camera (numpad 0), and seems to apply to all cameras, including newly created ones.
  • I have used Blender extensively and never seen this issue before.

I’m using Blender 2.65a running on OSX Mountain Lion. Finally, here’s a screen shot of what I’m seeing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could be numerous things.

Please can you ALWAYS attach or post a link to your blend file, your screenshot misses out all the important info !!!

Thanks for your quick relply. The original file is kind of huge, but here’s a stripped down version, only containing the problematic camera and a cube.

Attachments

blank_camera.blend (917 KB)

Simplest solution is to append the scene from this file into a new clean blend file.