.blend files in other 3D programs

Since Blender can’t export files to .max and other “major” formats. I’d like to know if the exported .blend file will be exactly the same when it’s imported from another programs such as “Cinema 4D” or “Autodesk Maya”. What I mean is same lighting setup, materials or rendering.

Since Blender can’t export files to .max
Neither can other 3d applications including those also made by Autodesk !

if the exported .blend file will be exactly the same when it’s imported from another programs such as “Cinema 4D” or “Autodesk Maya”
This doesn’t make sense to me. C4D and Maya cannot export .blend files. The data imported/exported from whatever application depends on the file format used. That may be fbx but the level of compatibility may depends on the application used to create it. Even blender internal and cycles materials are not compatible in the same application.

Ultimately if you are exporting from one application to another, test the file yourself in that second application.

I thought Maya could import .blend files directly.

Every renderer is different, uses other settings, material and lighting parameters and so on - a different shading language, so to speak. So, if you want to get the best result from any individual renderer, there is no other way than to rebuild materials / lights made for another renderer from scratch.

Consider yourself lucky if you get…

• the geometry in the scene,
  • basic shading / texture information,
  • the position of lights and cameras and
  • animation basics (armatures, etc.)

imported cleanly. So no, there is no chance any 3D file will look exactly the same in another 3D package when exported / imported. That’s the reason why “ancient” file formats like .OBJ/.MTL are still around: They reliably transfer geometry and very rudimentary shading information on top of that. To do the rest is your job in the target application anyway.

COLLADA was designed to do this but does not manage to translate everything. Still, better than obj/mtl

File > Export > Anything that your other program has on it’s list of File > Import