BLEND SWAP CONTEST Fantasy Character: Vampire (updated 01/04/12)

Hello folks!

This is my character to the BLEND SWAP CONTEST.

Actually I had already started another character … A Balinese dancer, but as time is short to finalize everything by the deadline of the contest, I decided to switch to a character a little more simple … A vampire or demon (I was thinking of putting horns on it, So I dont know how long he will continue to be a vampire … :slight_smile: )

Over the past two days I did the modeling of the head, and although I still not happy with the mouth ( gosh! Is só hard to modeling a realistic mount! :mad:)… I am publishing the results so far, to receive some feedback and suggestions from you…

So, what do you think? What can I do to improve the quality of the model?

Attachments

He looks very smooth, I would either model in some extra wrinkly details around his mouth, eyes, nose, and forehead or when you get to texturing, do it then.

Otherwise he does look quite vampire-ish, if not just a tad generic. You could exaggerate some facial features to give him more character or make him seem more evil.

Thanks turquoiserabbit for the reply! was a great help!

I made some changes on the model followed their advice, and I’m very happy with the result.
Here is what I have so far! I’m Still not happy with the modeling of the mouth, tomorrow I intend to improve it.

Attachments

Hello guys,

Even that later, I finished modeling my character to the contest. Here is a small sample of the display in the 3d viewport of Blender. Unfortunately I do not know if I have time to finish it in the deadline. I think the time for this contest should be at least 45 days instead of 30 days, so take time to deliver a good material. But, let’s see what I can do. :wink:

Anyway, I’m learning a lot from this contest! I hope the feedback from you! :wink:

Attachments

Giovanni: This looks great :slight_smile: Only the arm seems a bit weird. The biceps should go further down on the forearm. But mane, nice work :slight_smile:

I agree with you on time. It should be 45 days for a contest like this. I am myself finding that I have to sacrifice some unfinished stuff just to meet the deadline :S Blend swap may add a bit more time on this :slight_smile: so you may be able to finish :slight_smile:

Good Luck :slight_smile: Happy Blending

Thanks for the feedback! Indeed, the arm was something that still do not know model perfectly and I ended up doing in a hurry to try to finish on time … It would be great if we could extend the contest deadline! Perhaps, if we sent an email to Swap Blend? What do you think?

This is the WIP skin shader of my character, I have a lot to do, the general wrinkles of the face and some facial hair… but for today is it!

I’m having hope to delivering my character for the blend swap contest, tomorrow… but I think i’ll don’t have enough time! :frowning:

The contest deadline was extended to April 6th, so hopefully that gives you the time you need. The skin shader is looking good so far, though I liked when he was more gray and pasty like a vampire. Now he looks too lifelike. hahaha

I’m so glad that the deadline of the contest was extended! I think I’ll be able to participate now!

turquoiserabbit: thanks for the feedback… I changed the skin tone, because I’ll lead this character to another style. It will be an victorian vampire. A little more human and with a little bit of arrogance in your attitude… (I changed, because i’m intending to use him in a short film that I had in mind for a long time…)

This is my progress so far, I really need some tutorial on doing realistic hair shader in blender… I’m very unhappy with the results that i’ve achieved so far. If anyone have some tutorials to tell me, i’ll appreciate! :wink:

Attachments