Since the last contest organised also by me called: Christmas Blender Game Contest. I was thinking about organising a Blender Game Character contest.
The contest will take 1 week to make a complete full rigged textured game character. If there’s enought interest in it, I can start it monday, and finish it Sunday.
What exactly do I have to do?
- Model a low-poly character for a game in Blender3D.
- Rig and texture it, so it’s totally finished for in game use.
- Post a nice composing render with some nice things around to make a sort of presentation like you would sell that character for a game.
- Stay tuned for voting, and maybe you’ll win.
Ruless. (yes this one has got rules too :D)
- Don’t use earlier created models, just make one from scratch.
- Model, texture and rig it with Blender3D, textures can be done outside blender.
- Make it real low-poly, not like 3000 tri’s, just make it fitable for a blender game, as low-poly as you can model.
- It has to be a character, doesn’t matter if it’s an alien, human, or something else. But no still chairs, houses or else that isn’t useable as main character. Well unless it’s a walking evil chair.
Totally textured and rigger for in game use? You want to use my model?
- No, it’s just a contest, so no model will be used by someone else unless the creator wants to put it into a project.
For so far, there’s no prize for it, just for fun. I always enjoy making game models, rig and texture them. The chanllenge is, make it really low-poly but good enought to see it’s a model or whatever.
How to join?
- Post: Yeah baby I’m in, let’s kick some aars (euh well post anything you want to say you’r in 8) )
<— Members List —> (members will be added here