Blender 2.25 compiled anyone???

(adyus) #1

I can’t help but ask, in the name of all of us who can’t learn everything, can a good soul compile the new Blender source code in windows standard (.exe)?? Of course, if anyone does it for Linux or OS X, we’d all be happier. Just a final word: praise to the fastest compiler!! I’m DYING to put my hands on the new (and hopefully improved) Blender!!

(humphrey) #2

YES YES YES

Has anyone got the source compiled??? Compiling source is one of those things that I’m going to have to learn how to do… I’m in the process of downloading the apple developers package so that I can have a go at an OS X version, but I don’t know how to do it, nor do I have the time to learn at the moment!.. but that over 200mb so I’m going ot be here for a while.
I also played around with make in linux ppc… but all i received was erro messages…

Wasn’t 2.25 already realeased as a binary for the registered users?? Now that it’s open source, doesn’t anybody have those versions that they could give us???

(Jamesk) #3

Wasn’t 2.25 already realeased as a binary for the registered users?? Now that it’s open source, doesn’t anybody have those versions that they could give us???

Probably not. That version would contain code that isn’t GPL, so you’d have to wait for binaries from the new, stripped code to be available.

(RiNiK) #4

I heard that the Blender source wont compile… there are some missing libraries in there. It would be cool if that problem will be fixed and someone would kindly compile that for all the users and put the binary’s somewhere to download

(daftkid) #5

I tried the compile on windows, yes theres some externall libs that aint included in the source, but if u have a graphical compiler like vcpp ogr dev-cpp, u’ll get error messages with the spesifict files its missing, then do some googeling- when i did this i found the complete file in variuos other cvs’s, worth a try, but i am sadly still stuck with the ssr_server…

No stress though, cause blender is open source-if i cant fix it, someone else will come around and help out, so we help each other :smiley: