Blender 2.34 - new features - , How to use it?

Hi I saw the changelog of the Blender 2.34, and I want to know how to use this new features (Where is it? Is there a doc file to explain?).
The Runtime executable game files is not working on linux.

Kester Maddock Game Engine: New Python Hooks for cameras.

Game Engine: Depth sorting for alpha mesh objects.  	 

Game Engine: Added Python module for Lights.  	 

Game Engine: Added attributes to the vertex class.  	 

Game Engine: Added scene module  	 

Game Engine: add fullscreen options to player

The python doc for cameras (and other stuff) should be up shortly, or read from CVS here. Click the version numbers under ‘Rev’ to read.
To summarize:

cam = GameLogic.getCurrentController().getOwner()
cam.far = 100.0
cam.near = 0.1
cam.lens = 35.0
cam.projection_matrix = [[1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0], [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0]]

light = GameLogic.getCurrentController().getOwner()
light.energy = 4.0

scene = GameLogic.getCurrentScene()
print scene.getObjectList()

Depth sorting: This is supposed to fix the alpha bug. There are two methods for this:

1. Transparent (Faces set Alpha/Add) Objects are sorted automatically by depth. The sort key is the objects centre.
  2. Polygons in an object will be depth sorted if ZTransp is set in the Material. There is a speed hit involved.
    NB: It is impossible to draw intersecting transparent polgons correctly without splitting them up.

Thanks ALien -XMP

:smiley:

I am guessing you cant access the gamelogic from the scenedata =_=

scene = GameLogic.getCurrentScene()
objs = scene.getObjectList()

part what would be cool

print objs[0].getName()

but all I see after the CurrentScene is count, index, append, and something else -_-

That’s exactly how it’s supposed to work. An object in the scene.getObjectList() is identical to one returned by getCurrentController().getOwner()

The object list also supports dictionary indexing:

print objs[“OBCube”].getName()