Blender 2.34

In blender 2.34 can i open games that i made in 2.25 and will blender 2.34 support realtime shadows?

And the real time lightning? will have improvements?

you can open stuff you made in 2.25 in any later relase, if that file is not:
signed, locked, or compressed [all options in the file menu of 2.25]

2.34 will not have any new realtime shadow features

what?

maybe slightly [the specularity has been changed a bit, I think I heard] but it will not be per pixel or anything

Yes, you will be able to open old blend files with any new release.
No, realtime shadows will not be in 2.34.
Yes, some lighting improvements like specular after texture and negative lights.

I don’t remember hearing about negative lights

[but I remember it has been posible for some time with a negative energy lamp, or perhaps that was a negative color lamp… either way it was fun to play with but with an 8 lamp limit it wasn’t very useful]

I don’t remember hearing about negative lights

[but I remember it has been posible for some time with a negative energy lamp, or perhaps that was a negative color lamp… either way it was fun to play with but with an 8 lamp limit it wasn’t very useful]

What I mean to say is you can now use the negative light setting in lamps for realtime with 2.34, you couldn’t with 2.33 and below.

Aww… :frowning: :frowning: Why not?

Aww… :frowning: :frowning: Why not?[/quote]
Mehbe becaus the realtime shadows isent stable yet , or mehbe the methode takes to much memory or something…?

Mehbe becaus the realtime shadows isent stable yet , or mehbe the methode takes to much memory or something…?[/quote]

And it only works on some graphics cards. It’s possible to get it to work on more cards, but because it’s still in development that hasn’t been done yet.

Mehbe becaus the realtime shadows isent stable yet , or mehbe the methode takes to much memory or something…?[/quote]
They are planning on getting the real time shadows in a future release however, could be 2.35.