Blender 2.40 - it´s official and out NOW!

Hi
Thanx for the anouncment on the New relese :slight_smile:
a few questions though.

What ever happened to the Explode in the Modifier ?
and where do i extract the Python 240 zip file ?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

i knew there was a reason to stay up tell midnight 8)

Awesome!! And it has so many sexy new features! :smiley: congratulations to everyone who contributed towards its release! :wink:

However, they have changed the way UV mapping updates… Now, as you move UV nets it doesn’t update live in the 3D view! This is so annoying and seriously time wasting! Is this a bug or is there some sort of setting to turn it on??

From Daniel

wewt!

ive been following the release for a while, so im not really surprised by anything in the release docs… but the release still kicks!

IIRC, the explode modifier wasnt commited before CVS was frozen, meaning that it was never included in the release version.

and, as far as i know, you dont need to extract the python folder to anywhere

but feel free to correct me if im wrong

Kind Regards,
~Delta

P.S. samas, if it keeps on happening, post it in the bugtracker

Fantastic news! Just what I wanted for Christmas. Thanks and congrats to all the devs. Have a well earned mince pie!

Thanx for the quick reply Delta

I’d like to see it compiled in future updates.As far as the python zip,i left it alone and Blender seems to run fine :slight_smile:
Thanx again

Includes folder have been missed, in the plugins folder for compilation under Linux, in the dynamic/python 2.4 version.

I cannot compile them! :frowning:

No, Armatures won’t be working for the game engine for this release : sorry. (If you want to have some great engine features try to help, in any capacity : they’re just too few working on it right now.)

Jean

Resolved using include located in source tar… :o

Download in progress… To slow!:x starts screaming at stupid dial-up connection Oh man I can’t wait to start messing with this! Thanks to all the people who put so much work into this version :smiley:

Yeah I’m excited. And congratulations, LetterRip, for your Slashdot article making it.

Is blender.org down?!?!

Anyways here is the download link just incase some else is having the same problem:
ftp://ftp.cs.umn.edu/pub/blender.org/release/Blender2.40/

No, it´s just overloaded with popularity. aka The Price of Fame.

It also got on the frontpage of the cgnetwork (cgtalk)

Turn on the Lock Update option in the image window header (the button has a little lock icon). It’s nothing new, but maybe the default value changed (or you have a different value in your user pref).

Martin

they shoulda released this on the 25th to make it the perfect christmas gift, now i feel i opened my gift early…

he’s hunting down all the naysayers too. :o

did something go wrong with the linux builds?

none of them seem to work for me, static nor dynamic

when running them with a terminal, the terminal vanishes realy fast, but I didn’t see any error messages in it

greets

please ignore or remove this post since its not relevant anymore. I got blender going, was just missing libstdc++.so.5
sorry…

Really?
Now - I usually compile my own Linux versions via CVS… but I just
downloaded a Linux version from the site to test them out, works
just fine here on Slackware 10.2 (own compiled linux variant)

Maybe you need Python 2.3 or 2.4 (depending on which linux version you downloaded)?
Or maybe you need to update your OpenGL drivers?

Try some variations - and report to the bugtracker if you still have
problems with this.

Woohoo! The best Christmas present ever!!!

Post pinned and I’ve edited the main post to include some links to mirrors and the changelog.