Blender 2.48 test GLSL

I have linux with Graphic Card FX5200 , see:

OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce FX 5200/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!
OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 173.14.12

How i use GLSL with Blender 2.48
Thank you !

Go in the Game menu and turn on GLSL Materials. It isn’t obviouse but it works in the 3D View as well.

BTW this is best asked in the Support Forum under Interface

A 5200 will not run GLSL at a decent framerate.

Seriously, that was the card I had before I got my last card.

I still have the 5200, it will work at 25 fps using shaders and 1 light (without shadows), shadows make it go to 10 or 4 fps depending on the size of the buffer map.
Don’t try blur or dof filters, they make everything go 5 fps without GLSL. Use all of this together and you will most probably gonna need a reboot.

I need GLSL only for editing. Thank you !

If you are able to turn on the GLSL-options in the Game menu of 2.48, then your video card has the accelerator-features that Blender needs. My experience has been that it exploits them pretty darn well “right out of the box,” e.g. in shaded-view mode.

I’m using these new features hard-and-heavy now, not to produce real-time graphics (where the frames-per-second rate is therefore important) but for ordinary rendering tasks (where it is not). And it’s certainly a god-send to be able to leverage the GPU at last.

The GLSL is not working like i want. I need to see texture in 3d window.Maybe another FX card :slight_smile:
http://www.imagehosting.ro/images/frca3yw56r3sywy0nd_thumb.jpg

You seem to be using a procedural texture. GLSL doesn’t show those.

Actually, no realtime engine work with procedurals, I guess, only image based textures.