Blender 2.5 alpha 2 runtime error

I have downloaded and unzipped version 2.5 alpha 2. However, when I try to run the program (as administrator) I get a runtime error:
“Program C…
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information”

I am using Vista Home Premium 32 bit with SP2, Python 2.6.5 and Microsoft VCExpress 2008 with SP1-ENU.

What am I missing?

First try a more recent build from http://www.graphicall.org/builds/ and see if you get the same problem.

I’ve tried the download you suggest, but I get the same runtime error message. I don’t understand what can be going wrong, unless Blender 2.5 doesn’t work with VCExpress. 2.49b works perfectly, so what has changed?

1 Like

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution? :grinning:

Hi and welcome to the forum.
This thread is 10 years old, start a new one with your Blender version, system specs and error message.
Try to start Blender from a command shell (CMD) to get better error messages.

Cheers, mib

1 Like

Hi!) Thank you very much!) I solved the problem. My native language is russian. And I gave the name of the folder in Russian, before starting the Blender from this folder :slight_smile: I changed it to English and it worked!)

\o/

Cheers, mib

I have to say dude’s got a strange obsession with 2.5

I also have to say that 2.5 will always have special place in my heart. It was one of those releases with hope and charm.

I am having this same problem but it’s nothing to do with the folder name. halp? not just in 2.5, I tried 2.79 as well. I would try the newest one but it seems only 2.49b works on windows 7 64bit. the others all crash with runtime errors.

in a command prompt it is saying that it’s checking for installed python. it found 2.6.2 (for my game dev blender 249b) but then terminates with the following:

"Fatal Python Error: Py_Initialize: can’t initialize sys standard streams.
file “Python26\LIB\encodings_init_.py”, line 123
raise CodecRegistryError,
SyntaxError: Invalid Syntax

does new blender require me to sacrifice my working python for game dev to install only it’s version of python for 2.5+?