Blender 2.5 Development Updates

san: I received the same error until I updated libsamplerate with

sudo apt-get install libsamplerate-dev

After that, everything compiled normally via scons.

JoOngle: I’m glad to hear that :slight_smile:

Some other things I noticed (FWIW):

CTRL LMB click extrusion (vertex, edge, or face) works in the Windows builds at Graphicall but not in the latest Linux 64-bit compiles.

In any current build, extrusion with all faces selected of any object still duplicates the entire object instead of extruding.

Grabbing/moving window corners or edges (to split or move panels respectively) in Linux periodically crashes Blender, whereas on Windows builds such actions appear to work consistently.

In either build recently there appeared to be occasional automatic resizing issues in the Toolbar panel when accessing functions such as Spin: after attempting to resize that area (by dragging the little Up arrow), the entire section’s font size sporadically resizes with subsequent mouse movement.

As with the 2.49 series and before with the .B.blend file, the B25.blend file appears to reside in the user home directory in Linux.

This is fine if a user is only running one installation of Linux or somehow wants the same profile for all 2.5x series Blenders, but on Windows it is possible (and for me much more preferable) to have multiple preference blend files local to each subdirectory where Blender is installed.

It would be nice to have each Blender store its preference file in its own local subdirectory in Linux, or perhaps to let it be an option to use a Global or Local preference file (best of both worlds scenario).

Once again, thanks to the developers for their awesome work so far :slight_smile:

RobertT