Blender 2.5 issues

I do not know if I am doing something wrong, or if this is an actual bug:

I have been struggling thru the new 2.5 interface- and for the most part- I feel as I have a good handle on it- until some recent weirdness. I would make a model, make a material, and a while later (like when I left it just ‘up’, and did nothing to it), most of my material settings had faded off into the sunset. I experimented with a ready built and textured model as well- same results. Even after saving everything. Materials and even textures sometimes would just disappear- necessitating my having to redo the materials/ textures settings from scratch.

I kinda like the new Blender… I really do. And I understand this is an ‘alpha’ version as well. FYI on where it’s been used: dual core AMD 3600, Xubuntu 9.10, 2 gigs of memory, ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 1 gig ram. On this setup, blender has few performance issues- if any at all, unless I push the entire computer and blender as hard as I can… One thing- however- I am running Blender out of a folder (with 2.49 in the ‘main’ application list). Could that be causing issues?

One thing- however- I am running Blender out of a folder (with 2.49 in the ‘main’ application list). Could that be causing issues?
Nope.

I also had problems with 2.5 Alpha 1 forgetting texture data. It’s a bug. Try grabbing a newer build from graphical.org and hopefully it will be fixed by now.