Blender 2.53 Beta (Problem with materials - NO FAKE USER for it)

Hello All,
as in topic, can anyone help how keep no uses material in blend file after close and re-open file?

Best regards
PP

A material needs to be applied to something for it to be saved in the blend.
You can have one object that can hold all your materials in the different material slots ready to be used by other objects. You’ll still have to have that object in your scene though.

Hello,
thanks (sorry for my english).

In blender 2.49 i can fake user for material which was not being apply for any mesh and after re-open it still was in list of materials. Now - In 2.5 I’m not able to find this small F button which fake user for materials. Can anyone help how to keep material in blend file?

PP

Hello,
thanks (sorry for my english).

In blender 2.49 i can fake user for material which was not being apply for any mesh and after re-open it still was in list of materials. Now - In 2.5 I’m not able to find this small F button which fake user for materials. Can anyone help how to keep material in blend file?

PP

You’ll currently have to do this in an Outliner window set to Datablocks

Hey,

Thank’s a lot. I will have to spent a lot hours to find it. One more time thank You. In my opinion this solution is worse that in 2.49.

Best regards
PP

Hi,

In the latest builds of Blender 2.53 from svn the F icon is now in all the material settings.

Not sure it actually works but the F button is there.

Attachments