blender 2.57 block select problem

im using blender v 2.57b (stable) and when i try to block select

if im looking directly at a side (of a square) and try to use box select to select the whole left or right or top or bottom side it will only select visible verticies (i would guess in this new version that is whats wanted)

but the real problem is if im looking at the object from an angle (as long as its not directly at a side) it will select verticies that are nowhere near my selection range

i know its still in testing and theres probably a place to report bugs but i couldnt find it

so has anyone else had or is having this problem?
if you had this problem do you now how to fix it?

by the way im using 32 bit windows vista version

if im looking directly at a side (of a square) and try to use box select to select the whole left or right or top or bottom side it will only select visible verticies (i would guess in this new version that is whats wanted)

If you also want to select the hidden vertices deselect the ‘Limit selction to visible’ button on the 3dview header while in edit mode

but the real problem is if im looking at the object from an angle (as long as its not directly at a side) it will select verticies that are nowhere near my selection range

Try updating your graphic card drivers and turn off anti-aliasing in the graphic card control settings

thank you the selection limiting fixed everything