Blender 2.57b Fluid simulation problems

Hello, I have been beating my head against the wall trying to get a basic fluid simulation to bake in Blender 2.57b.

I have a setup of one cube object as a domain, and a smaller cube within the domain as the fluid object. I have not changed any of the settings form the default fluid sim. When I hit bake, it runs for maybe thirty seconds before stopping the bake. If I am lucky I get one frame of the simulation and then nothing. When I check my tmp folder, there are only about 1-3 fluid sim files. I have a feeling it is something just sitting in front of my nose, but I am at my wits end.

I have tried changing the location of where it saves the bake many times to no avail…this is getting quite frustrating. Any help would be much appreciated.

I am running Blender version blender-2.57b-OSX_10.5_i386. I have dual 6-core 2.66GHz Intel Xeon processors, 16GB SDRAM, and an ATI Radeon 5770 graphics card.

I think something is wrong with blender Mac version, my computer crashes when I try to run a simulation, I couldn’t find mac support in this place, I think everyone has a PC
u__u

Without you attaching your blend file that doesn’t work no-one will be able to help you. By the way I use a Mac and the fluid simulation works.

my blend file is the default setup from when you open blender as I stated. But here you go…
here.blend (415 KB)

Note: All other simulations run fine…smoke, cloth, softbody, particles…etc.

I’m having exactly the same problem :slight_smile: It only bakes one frame… did you find any clue of what is happening, is it a build problem? I’m using Ubuntu 11.04 64 bits.

It’s not the build, but let’s try to hunt this sucker down :slight_smile:

Do you have the “watter” or the domain parented to something?
Any of the above have animation of any kind?

don’working fine in windows 64 bit.

Ok, with the default cube and another default cube scaled down a bit inside, with everything in default it’s working… so it’s something related with the set up :s

Edit: Ok, it’s working now, so as far I can tell it looks like the Fluid object can’t be parented to anything…

Downloaded the attached blend file in post #4, pressed Bake and got this:
http://screencast.com/t/xLoZOroFUwz
Prefectly baked simulation as expected. As I said previously this is using the official 2.57 on a Mac.