Blender 2.5s new name

Dr. Blendtastical’s Old Fashioned Elixir for the Creation of Images.

Big Buck Blender.

Elephant’s Blender.

Elephants in a Blender.

Or… we rename blender to chopper 2.5

OR, we just rename the whole software ‘blender 2.5’ so that way it will then be known as blender 2.5 v1.0

How about ‘blender 2.5: some people are taking this thread too seriously, it was meant as a bit of fun and not as serious suggestions. Sorry dude with curtain hair if I offended you with this thread but most people who have posted get the aim of it. No one is dead as a result of it and I got something to amuse me for a day. When you eventually drag yourself out of cloud-cuckoo land you may work out that blender isn’t going to be called steve or fred and we won’t tear a hole in time and that the universe will fall into the void and you will be able to sleep tonight and not wake up in a cold sweat after having nightmares about what is, essentially, the name of a computer program which cost you no money and you aren’t legally or religiously obliged to download’

Name might seem a bit long winded but i think a paragraph of rant might fit in the window.

two-fifty :slight_smile:

Blender 2.5: Designed 4 the White N’ Nerdy.

Blender 1.0 Or, The 3d Creative Suite Package Version 2.50

Blender 2.5 : Uninstalling Ubuntu

+1. Even though I think having a new name is silly, this would be the best one

I actually really like the idea of codenaming Blender versions thus, with artist’s names. I have a hard time remembering the version number, I think this would be cool and useful, much as Ubuntu has its Jaunty Jackalopes and Mac OSX has its big cats.

Blender 2.5 PlantPerson !

it could always be called |313//|>3|2 2.5

+1 :yes: :yes:

and

+5 :yes: :yes: for the Great Artists of Amsterdam (or Holland?) as code names.

I know this thread was meant as a joke, but that actually sounds good.

Xd I’d rather go with the acronym suffix thingie (e.g., Blender WC (world creator)) or a touch of old-world finesse (Blender Noir, Blender Argento, Blender Boss).

Agreed, this is ridiculous!

Yes. That’s the point.

I think naming it after artists is a stroke of genius. You could name it after sculptors or maybe different works by different artists. Dahli’s melting clocks would be a cool splash screen at the start.

why so serious:evilgrin:

B.l.e.n.d.e.r

You forgot Starter and Enterprise editions!!!:stuck_out_tongue:

These would only be available to paid support subscribers of Canonical or third world countries that can’t afford render farms.

blender 2.5:durian

Alexander Flatley