Blender 2.62 Game Engine Bug (scene.addObject)?

Hey everybody, hoping someone out there will be able to help me with this! :smiley:

I recently downloaded Blender 2.62, and I am having some trouble using the scene.addObject command. I am trying to add a bullet at the front of my gun, and I am finding that a lot of different problems are occurring. I’ve done this before in 2.6 and 2.61 without any problems at all, so I’m wondering if this is something that happened with 2.62.

1. the bullet is being deformed a ton when it gets added.

2. the bullet gets rotated to where the tip is pointing down. (This may be part of the deforming, but I’m not sure.)

3. The bullet, instead of being added at the origin of my bullet spawn object (which is an empty), it is being added in front of the origin. This causes my bullet to appear out of thin air about 1’’ in front of my gun barrel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :smiley:

So is the empty attached to a camera that is attached to a player object?, sometimes if you scale the object when you are not in edit mode
things can be scaled differently when they are added. sorry if this has got nothing to do with what you are asking lol :slight_smile:

Here is a .blend it should help I think :wink:
SceneAddObject.blend (364 KB)

I tried your file with 2.62 and it seems to be fine.

work perfectly your blend

2.60.0 <<<<<<< in my blender