Blender 2.8 development thread

it is relly problem
50k +

Like pitiwazou said it if you dont see the middle of the edge you dont see the loop cut.

But its ok for me .

What did I do wrong? O_o

We talked a lot about it, I propose the mode and initially was put in tasks, but after it it was removed from task. I asked campbell and he didn’t response… So I suppose that it won’t be implemented.

No, it’s not the same.

1 Like

This topic is already hard enough to maintain usable with all the hot discussions here, please don’t start with memes and useless comments.

1 Like

User Preferences > Input > Continuous Grab
Maybe this should come enabled by default?
I always have this enabled.

1 Like

I was reading @brecht comments in the blog and I read that visibility per-object in outliner is not a feature, unless spring team give that feedback… wtf??

Sorry, I hate to say it, but who has these ideas? This is mandatory.

5 Likes

It doesn’t work with graphics tablets, though :upside_down_face:

:rage: that stinks, I’m not a fan of just visibilty for collections.

I guess that the workflow will be to send EVERY object to its own Collection, but since this feature is still not complete, I can’t say what will happen if you have an object in multiple Collections and you turn the visibility off in one of them.

I’m not sure about whether Blender developers aim to support interfaces with Touch Screens. Did they mention anything about it?
Edit:
Oh, you meant graphic tablets, no tablets.

In case some of you do not know it, when you do the Loop Cut, you then have some extra options available in the bootom of T panel (or F6)

That’s really a problem. Now you have to zoom out a lot in order to move it down. Or I could argue that you have not adapted to blender’s loopcut’s mindset, or haven’t got an effective and efficient way to navigate the 3Dview when modeling an object in detail.

Like I suggested, the tool can be improved by reducing its 2 phases into 1 phase and use a modifier key or button toggle to change its behavior on the fly. So we could have both the center cut subdivide, and mouse position based loop cut. That would be the ideal scenario.

Separating it to 2 phases was probably a design decision that is easy to implement and it has little performance cost. (When was the tool first introduced to blender? Probably very long time ago.)

What I like to do however, is to make sure I put the loop cut in the place I liked, examine the entire loop to see if it is what I wanted, and then adjust its position. I don’t like to add a loop which cuts outside of the viewport. Because topology often gets really complex and if I just zoom in and keeps adding, then it’s only about time when something become messed up.

2 Likes

Ha ok that’s why the meme from @Darcvizer ^^ bad boy!

Yes it’s possible, but it’s in 2 actions and not directly, it’s better to do what you want directly and not calling a popup to fix it.

1 Like

We are often in conflict, but this is a point where we are definitely on the same page.
What the hell? Don’t take away the fast “H” key visibility workflow!!! It is a very important standard, available in every DCC.
I feared something like this would happen, but i kept my mouth shut until there is some valid info about it (didn’t want to make a fuss about something i don’t have enough info).
Seems like it is time to speak up about it.
Having visibility ONLY for collections is really stupid and not comfortable.

4 Likes

We cannot work without hidding some objects so they will obiously find a way to deal with that.
If not, lets burn some Blender code ^^

With overrides, they can add the selected object to a collection that will hide the objects.

Where we can download latest blender 2.8 build?
Blender.org has stuck at 17/5

They won’t do that. But the idea is only hide objects and unhide, you won’t have an interface to do it. So, you can’t unhide some especific objects in the outliner.

Yea, you are probably right. I didn’t even realize the current loop cut tool had this limitation. Maybe we could press S to enable slide mode after activating the tool. Oh and btw, I tested this out, you can still place loopcuts when you can’t see the middle. You just have to click then enter the amount you want, like .8 or something.

1 Like

yeah im sure it will be fixed in near future i just didn’t know if its a bug or user error and if developers are aware of it, any way thanks.

I have literally no idea why you are misrepresenting what has been written.

They are waiting for user feedback from users who used this feature to find out what is reasonable. No decision has been made. They keep it as is right now just because there is no clear agreement. They are waiting for feedback from users who actually used it. No idea how this can be misunderstood.

3 Likes