Blender 2.8 discontinue support old hardware

I just want to double the chances of others reading this. At this point, I’d say it’s reasonable to assume Old_Demon is purposefully being dense and running everyone in circles.

Let’s all stop feeding the troll.

1 Like

Don’t feed “Troll”, it doesn’t cancel my questions. And none of you clearly answered them, really. :slight_smile:

Read on top…

Mh, so its all about blender switching to OpenGL 3.3, dropping support for older OpenGL.

That is a super rare case you are referring to, and therefore should not be taken into account…
A design studio with 10+ yo Hardware?

1 Like

Can you explain to me why in blender 2.79, in the properties window -> object -> display, there are so many strange and incomprehensible checkboxes? And what are they for?

This is ridiculous! It’s like saying: “cars should not be produced because some people only can afford bicycle”
Nobody’s taking your 2.79 away, you can still use it for however long you want, its free. But progress should not be stopped. Moreover i think blender should not run on hardware lower than opengl 4. You cant have good all in a box 3d software able to compete with big guys, and still be able to run it on a refrigerator door hardware.
Time to realize Blender’s real place in the industry and stop pretending it’s just some 3d software for hobbyists. Next Gen!

6 Likes

Why did companies stop making games for my Playstation 2 ???
Can’t believe I can’t run Metal Gear V in my Pentium III… THANKS KOJIMA

5 Likes

seriously people the forum should just make a generic reply about why blender 2.8 happening put in this kind of threads and just close them

1 Like

Conclusion:
Blender 2.8 big mistakes - is new interface, and no compatibility with previous versions (not support old hardware, old documentation, old interface etc.)
It is not Classic Blender… It is a Monster-Hybrid :slight_smile:

Stop crying, use 2.79.

6 Likes

I would say that blender 2.8 is a natural continuation of blender 2.79. Changes have to come to improve, that’s something we all know. If we don’t have changes, we would still be stuck in the stone-age. I’m surprised that you would complain so much about something that really is not a problem for you, since you can still use 2.79? If you want the new fancy features, it’s not blender-foundation that limits you, it’s the fact that new features demands new hardware… It’s pointless to whine about this, especially to the blender devs… They are doing their best to give us the best they can, and it feels very ungrateful when people complain whilst still using the software without even having to pay for it…

Okay.
But, Blender 2.8 is a neutered version of classic Blender, for beginners.

1 Like

he’s clearly trolling and probably was banned before, so stop wasting your time he has been replying with the same questions and arguments for hours now, let him talk to himself.

3 Likes

Great trolling - is Blender 2.8, from Ton Rosendaal :slight_smile:

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

Just to mention, 2.8 runs on my 9 year old i7-920 with a 1GB GT730 I picked up off Amazon for about £50.

I am old enough to remember when PCs were upgrading so rapidly in the 90s that 2 year old machines were obsolete junk. And 3D is inevitably hungry for faster machines with more memory. If you can’t keep up at all, it’s just not the right hobby to choose.

I recently built a Ryzen 2700x system to replace the one mentioned above. Not cheap, but computers aren’t cheap, at least not for cutting edge stuff like 3D production.

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.