Blender 2.8 is now fully usable with left-click object selection

news

(SidV) #790

The wrong folder? i only found a file called startup.blend in the specified file path you posted

i always delete the whole blender foundation folder under (roaming)

hmmmm works for me.

(SidV) #792

you mean the whole Blender Foundation folder? let me check…

(SidV) #793

Ahh, here we go :slight_smile: That helped, thanks mate

Dont know if there is a simpler way.

Ctrl Shift 3 times tab ,left click 4 times right click on the spash screen or someting similar.

(SidV) #795

This works fine, but i m sure not every new blender user is familiar with the Blender file structure. Pablo could’ve mentioned that in his video. Anyway know its working, thx again

@Michael_W
I agree about the drag/Box Select action. Coming from Maya having the Move, Rotate or Scale widgets work with the Box Select mode without having to hit another hotkey to enter the Box Select tool would be ideal. It seems cumbersome to have to enter a completely different tool to make drag selections. If at any point I need to free form move, rotate or scale without a widget I’d just hit the G, R or S keys.

I had this working in 2.79b and it was great.

This guy sorted it in 2.79 and maybe an earlier version of 2.8 alpha, but it looks like the Border Select keymap is gone in beta or changed to something else so I’m not sure this fix applies any longer:

(ogonek) #797

ok, I tried out left click select for the very first time and it looks nice. what I really love is the right click context menu. so what I thought (I didn’t read the whole thread so maybe this has been suggested before) why not make it like that with RS too. left click opens a context menu, shift click would move the cursor. Moving the cursor is really useful, but I don’t use it often enough to justify its binding to one of the most accessible actions*

edit *:this would also solve one of my main annoyances with the 3D cursor. When using a stylus you often accidentally move the 3DC, but you can’t undo it.

(SidV) #798

Dont know if this got mentioned already, but what i noticed is an odd left click behavior in edit mode. All over sudden you have to press b again for box select and deselecting by clicking in free space is gone. The same for the graph editor and dope sheet. I would say either go all the way left click or not at all. At the moment it feels more like a compromise again.

(BTolputt) #799

“I’m surprisingly getting adapted to left click select pretty fast. I’m scared, I don’t want to be a left click selector but I’m getting so used to it so easily.”
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀-- Pablo Vazquez

Just thought this an amusing moment of yesterday’s “Blender Live” video. It bodes well for the feature going forward that even the hardcore right-click select users find it “just works” the other way around. :slight_smile:

(tyrant monkey) #800

Does this happen with your active tool set to box select?

(SidV) #801

I see what you mean, it was probably some active tool that caused this behaviour in edit mode. But in the Graph Editor and Dope Sheet it remains. I can select single keys but i cant box select nor deselect with with left clicks.

(Mr_Flamey) #802

Yeah, I laughed when I heard him say that too :smiley:

(FinalBarrage) #803

63 posts were split to a new topic: Discussing Double Click in blender

(FinalBarrage) #804

I’ve split the discussion around Double Click in blender as it was drifing off topic, feel free to continue this discussion here