Blender 2.8 RC 3 is now available - please download and test

Hi Erick,

I didn’t intend to write a wall of text since i am currently under production but i was just giving as i repeat a personal advice to people coming from max or maya.

Personal advice mean people can ignore it and it has absolutely no authority.

I am sure most people understood pretty well what i was saying.

My pipeline is game development and i use both 2.8 for the good thing it has to offer and 2.79 for the stability and for certain addons.

Anyone with experience know that a big change like that in a software is expect to have hiccups for at least the first year.

I will take your advice and will make a thread when i stumble upon something that really is not working correctly. By the way it’s not really frustration it is simply the pressure i am under and i had to change my pipeline and adapt to many new software’s because of financial difficulty.

Also i did a thread here ; I need your help to make a proper displacement baking free tutorial? about an important feature we use often aka baking displacement from geometry on a flat plane and no one seem to know how to make it work correctly in 2.79 with blender internal renderer.

Don’t worry after 17 years in the CG industry i don’t get butt hurt easily! I like when people are frank and to the point! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes