Blender 2.8 Specials Menu and Loop Tools

I was trying to add some of the actions of the add-on Loop Tools to the quick menu, but i can’t do that through the search, and i can’t find the specials menu neither

So, the specials menu still exists? and is possible to access the loop tools aside from the search?

If you activate the Properties panel (N key), there’s a Tab at the right side that leads you to LoopTools. I don’t know if you can add LoopTools functions to the Quick Preferences from there, but you can try it.

If by ‘Specials’ menu you mean the Context menu (previously the W key), you can get that by right-clicking in a viewport.

4 Likes

can you show a pic showing where to get the addon in N panel

I don’t see it in the 2.8 version I have
may be a new option ?

thanks
happy bl

don’t see this in my version
was this added lately
I will get another version and see if it is there

thanks
happy bl

got latest version this night and don’t see it on Win 10 !
any user pref to get that ?

thanks
happy bl

Oh yes, you have to activate the addon LoopTools on add-on tab.

2 Likes

so this like a new sub panel added by the looptool addon !

interesting

do you know how it does it

will look at the code for this

thanks
happy bl

Nm. Wrong thread.

thanks, I was looking for flip names, but “w” is not special menu in blender 2.8 as u said its replaced with right click. and I found flip names by right clicking.:slight_smile:

1 Like

I had the W working in my last 2.80 version which was perhaps 2 weeks ago. As of today, 06-05-2019, W or specials menu doesnt show and returns an error. Also search for “context menu” doesnt give any results. Right clicking in the viewport with a selection active also does nothing?!

Also why does W in object do show a context menu than?! I dont understand some of the choices they are making, they are shuffling so many things around.

Edit
they changed the operators name. OS right click in the viewport will never work since that is deselect.

1 Like

Add to Quick Favorites ( right mouse button on menu) , image

Q shortcut:

But, it does not support add this place: