[Blender 2.8] - Suggestions for improvements in Transform Operator

Here is video using the snap tool :slight_smile: thanks for your work @mano-wii retopo 2.8

Thanks for sharing the video. Relaxing. (Blender will not have wireframe??!! XD)
What did you think of the ā€œproject elementsā€ option with a snap point as a reference?
I am thinking of reverting this committ-> ā€œAlways get a reference point when snapping with the projected elements optionā€¦ā€

I didnā€™t test well most of the new settings, my fingers was restless, i wanted to test all the changes so bad. the Xray is hard coded we cannot change xray strength, difficult to see well and it affects the all scene, it will be good to make xray per object and ability to modify how much transparency one wants. i have to go tomorrow or during weekend, i will do more testing :slight_smile:

So how would tangent snapping work on polygonal models? How does Max do it?

If you try snap your cursor to a Triangle face, youā€™ll see the difference between Center(or active) and Median.

There are two types of centers. One is calculated based on the bounding box of all vertices selected. The other is based on the numeric average of all verticesā€™ locations.

And apprently, only ā€œMedianā€ give you the result of the second type. All other options give you the first type of center, which in many cases, are not what we want.

Are there any proposals for next iteration look of that snapping panel?

Because in current buids it is very noninformative and may cause troubles during modeling.
We need excacly know what we are doing unless you risk screwing up model by wrong action. So You would have to check that popover every time You want to perform snapping.

In 2.7x it was visible straight away and you could expect what exactly gonna happen

3 Likes