Blender 2.8 tracking Limit

Hi guys ! I’m learning blender 2.8 tracking features and i’m pretty happy of the result with some easy to average footage scenario.

Now want to move to more complexe footage but wonder if blender tracker can match top noch tracker in that field (3DE /AE / Syntheyes / Boujou / Voodoo …).

So my question is blender tracker able to do that ? : (done in syntheyes )

1 Like

Hum,
Blender’s tracker is pretty solid.
Syntheyes has more options, for instance you can specify that some tracks are aligned on a plane, and that will help the solve .
Also you may end up by doing manual tracking inside blender, where in other software there is a one click button that can solve most shots.

So to sum up : If you give it some time you can get really nice tracks with blender, if you have a lot of shots to track you may prefer using a dedicated application.
I haven’t tested a case like in the video so it’s hard to tell if it’s doable or what issue you will get.

1 Like

Thank for your answer. Normally i’m ready to do more manual assist to blender if it require it.
But my main concern is to know if blender tracker can do such a walkthrough camera footage solve.

1 Like

At some point blender tracker will need to evolve . Even smartphone app are going very wild right now with AI advance :

1 Like

I also want to know the same thing