Blender 2.8 - useable without an actual physical scroll wheel?

I have a trackball with four programmable buttons, one of which is set up to be a middle mouse button. This works fine! But following a youtube tutorial that calls for proportional scaling using a scroll wheel, no emulation seems to do the trick. Any suggestions to make this work?

I’m running Blender 2.8 on a MacBook Pro, using a Logitec Marble Mouse.

Additionally, any idea if a trackball with a scroll wheel will work? I might pick up a Kensington Expert Mouse if so. Thanks!

Well I use the EX-G from Elecom twice (left and right) and I’m very happy with it and of course the scroll wheel works. They are slightly smaller than those from logitec. But since I’m on linux it works as a standard mouse without a driver which would be programmable on windows. So the ring finger button is functionless. With Ctrl + middle mouse button you can zoom in and out. If you want to use a special function like the number of segments on bevel without middle mouse wheel (graphics tablet) use the plus (+) and minus (-) keys on the number pad.

Thanks for the recommendation! As I’m learning Blender, I’m finding ways to use keys and other tools that provide the same functionality. So I guess I can spend that money on something other than a new trackball! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

spacetim, I’m using the same setup, and I’m left handed. I have one of the small buttons set to Click Lock, and the other to Middle Mouse.

Frustrating to encounter so many functions that expect one to have a scroll wheel. Haven’t had one nor wanted one for many years.

I’m left-handed, too! I’ve got the left-small button set for middle-mouse, and the right side buttons for click-lock and right-click. I’ve discovered how to use the MacBook’s fn key to access the F-keys and page up/page down functionality. I’m making it work, and as I become more proficient, I don’t feel terribly hampered by it.