Blender 2.81a virtually inoperable due to screen garble

Hello, everyone.

I just signed up because I desperately need help with a problem I am facing.

When I open up Blender, the splash screen starts off as greyish static before turning into total garble. When I click on the Restore Down button, the problem seems to go away, but when I drag the side edges of UI, it just keeps getting worse until it starts working again but only in the tiniest proportions. The problem persists as I attempt to explore files to save and open and User Preferences. It’s impossible to get a screenshot of this.

Below is as much essential info as I could gather about my laptop:
Windows 10 OS
Acer NITRO AN515-42
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile GFX, 2000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
8 GBs of RAM
9.03 GBs of Total Virtual Memory

Is it my computer or is it Blender?

Dunno, but in Mac Os the screen at startup do a very funny strange quirk, like a tv washing all over lost signal, then turns ok. Some other quirks for instance when I take a screen shot…

Repeat after me: “I don’t ever buy acer again. No matter how cheap they are”. Repeat at least 100 times.

These computers are pure garbage. Their bios are usually bugged and no matter if they have intel or amd, you will have problems with these laptops.

But before trying to file a bug against these systems, there some things to do:

• Go to their support page, you will need the SNID of your product, and update all the drivers for your system starting with the BIOS.
  • The driver ACER distributes via windows update and their page is always outdated. go to:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-mobile-processors-radeon-vega-graphics/amd-ryzen-5

and download the adrenalin package. Install it and see if works.

IF doesn’t work, you 'll need to file a bug against your system, and hope devs can workaround it.

This problem only occurred recently if anyone is wondering.

File a bug report then. If you can’t capture an image using windows, use a smartphone or a cam/webcam.

That’s your best bet.

I forgot to mention that lowering my display resolution from 1920x1080 briefly solved the problem.

Sounds like you might have some bad video memory or system memory if that’s a shared memory setup. You’d need to try out a different video card to see if it’s video memory. Try running memtest86 and see if you get errors for system memory.

It’s all good! =D

All I had to do was update my driver.