Blender 2.83 Node Wrangles Error

So I have updated to 2.83 recently, and unlike updating from 2.81 to 2.82 I had many problems.
The one that I couldn’t solve currently is a problem with node wrangler, it seems to happen only sometimes and not always.

Long story short, I get this error when I try to use the principled setup function after I choose the textures:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\addons\node_wrangler.py”, line 2819, in execute
import_path = bpy.path.relpath(self.directory)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\modules\bpy\path.py”, line 114, in relpath
return “//” + _os.path.relpath(path, start)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\python\lib\ntpath.py”, line 562, in relpath
path_drive, start_drive))
ValueError: path is on mount ‘F:’, start on mount ‘C:’

I have never had problems with this feature so I don’t know how to tackle it, any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Like

Apparently I found the answer.
When the file browser dialog opens, there is a setting on the right panel called “Relative paths”, the issue was resolved when I unchecked it.

But I yet don’t understand, shouldn’t the option allow blender to use a relative path from the file? This means that it should find it but it didn’t. My guess from the error log above is that the relative path doesn’t work when the textures are in a different drive than the file.

Also I am not sure if this is an issue with only 2.83 or it was just that in 2.82 the option was unchecked by default.

6 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like