Blender 2.8c and 2.79 alphabetical shortcuts not working

Hi, I’m using Blender 2.79 on a Windows 10 laptop.

A couple of days ago, Blender stopped recognizing any keyboard input from the alphabetical keys or the numbers along the top. However, Blender still recognizes input from the alphanumerical arrow keys (with num lock off), and other “miscellaneous” keys, such as Del.

There doesn’t seem to be any cause for this. I’ve already tried testing it on Blender 2.8 with the same result. I looked at the shortcuts in the Blender settings and everything is as usual. I also double checked to make sure my language settings in Windows haven’t changed.

I’m really stumped here, and it makes Blender unusable for me. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks.

Well, if this started a few days ago, what did you change then in the configuration of your machine?
I seem to recall that some firewall software (e.g. Comodo) is known to have weird effects on Blender’s keyboard interaction… Ring a bell?

I haven’t installed any software that would interfere with Blender, as far as I know.

Update: I just installed the nightly build, and the shortcuts work perfectly again, though I’m not sure exactly why. Maybe there was some kind of bug fix between the stable build and nightly build.