Blender 2.9 crashes with EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

I just got a computer last year and i wanted to try out blender on my new device but i comes up with that error and goes away before i can do anything else. i am very new to all the technical bits of computers however i did update my drivers for my graphics card (GTX 1050 i believe). any help would be great im just not really sure where i need to go from here on out.

Not a lot of info about your operating system, blender version, what you’re doing at that time etc.

But try the first step on this page: https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-exception-access-violation-error-on-windows-10/

Do not use the other solutions offered!

And maybe reinstall Blender just to be sure., could be some corrupt data somewhere.

thanks sorry im pretty new to trying to figure all this stuff out. my system is
Intel® Core™ i3-8100 cpu @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
16.0gb RAM
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050

i tried the first solution and the data execution prevention came up with an error screen saying "you can not set DEP attribues of 64-bit executables.

please let me know if there is any ifromation missing from here again sorry for my lack of knowledge on computers.

It looks like DEP is on by default for 64bit applications, so forget that one for now.

What version of Blender does it happen to?
I’ve used 2.83 with no issues, and 2.90.1 as well with no issues on large scenes.
If it happens with starting Blender, try to re-install Blender and see what happens.
Stay with 2.83.x for now, as 2.90 is still in active development.

hope it helps,

rob

so far every version i have tried have not been able to launch. A friend of mine recommended downloading it from steam but none of the beta or non-beta versions work on there. ive looked in the index and im not sure which one will work best but so far all of the ones ive gotten there have given me the some error code (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION). im not really sure where else to go at this point. I have checked on CanYouRunit.com and it tells me that i have the hardware for it but every download ends up the same. should i just continue trying differnt 2.83.x’s for now?

Nothing helped but deleting C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\config

1 Like

Thank you very much! I had updated the integrated graphics card driver and then blender had stopped opening. I tried a thousand things but only this one worked!

1 Like

Glad I could help! Yep, there’re hundreds of trash suggestions, but nothing works except this one. Frustrating.