Blender 2.92 rendering on AMDGPU (Ubuntu 20.04)

Hello. I am looking into rendering using my GPU, on Ubuntu 20.04. It’s an Asus Radeon RX 5500 XT, with 8gb memory. Unfortunately, Blender doesn’t recognize the GPU. Does anyone here know how to fix this?

My system specs, in case it helps:

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700
GPU: RX 5700 XT.
Memory: 16gb
O.S.: Ubuntu 20.04.

You see if this is useful for you:

I followed those directions. It results in the same thing. Though, that could be because it’s for Pop!OS.

The guide should work for Ubuntu and any Ubuntu-derived distributions (Like Pop! OS)
You should ask questions about it in the previous forum that I mentioned, in that thread. There you indicate exactly what were the steps that you have followed and have not worked, indicating the version of the driver.

After following any step in that guide in your attempts to make it work, when you finish the steps remember to run the following from the terminal and then reboot the system:

sudo apt reinstall ocl-icd-libopencl1

I tried apt reinstall ocl-icd-libopencl1 But, it did not work.

However, I finally got GPU rendering to work tonight. Posting this here to let everyone know what I did.

I ran these two commands to add my admin acount to various groups, after restarting my computer:

sudo usermod -a -G video $LOGNAME
sudo usermod -a -G render $LOGNAME

It seems that rendering a volume crashes Blender. But, that’s a different problem.