Blender 2.93 LTS - Stuck in 'Loading render kernels' in Cycles Viewport

Hi…

So I’m running a Zephyrus G15 laptop (Ryzen 9 5900HS / RTX 3060) - with latest NVIDIA studio driver. my settings for rendering are on OptiX with both CPU & GPU checked.

for the past 6 months I’ve had no problems at all in using Blender on this computer (with those settings), then recently I gave blender a week off, came back today after updating my NVIDIA driver a day or two ago, the kernels take forever to load. I open blender on the basic cube, change to Cycles & GPU compute in settings, go to Cycles Viewport, and I’ve waited upward of 8 minutes without success. When I give up and close blender, the program doesn’t respond & I have to use task manager.

I also tested the Cycles X build that I have from Blender, OptiX with GPU & CPU / same settings / same test, the kernels load on the basic cube in 3 - 5 seconds.

*I’ve tried changing in Nvidia settings from my updated Studio Driver to an un-updated Game Ready Driver but doesn’t solve problem *

Anyone got any idea what’s going on? / how to fix this? :frowning:

SOLVED*** I went to Geforce Experience > Drivers > hit the 3 vertical dots on Studio Driver > Clicked “Reinstall Driver” > Restart Computer… and now it works no problems. T.T

Hope this will help someone from the future!