Blender-2-G'MIC Python Script for Video Sequence Editor

The Blender with G’MIC Qt video is a first look at how these two applications can work together. It works very well on Linux right now, but no code has been released as yet. Development to enhance the link and make it more reliable/universal (Linux and Windows) continues.

If you’re interested in trying out the original Blender-2-G’MIC setup, you can find out how to do that at the GitHub website:

Basically, you’ll be downloading blend files that contain everything you need to get going. You may find the “Blender-2-G’MIC - Settings & Use” video a good place to start.

Cool! This is great.

Would it be possible to implement a G’MIC node for the compositor? That would be great too! :slight_smile:

Probably not in the way you would like it to be implemented (see Natron with G’MIC access via OFX plug-in support). At a simpler level you can, of course, work with completed gmic renders in the Compositor by adding an image node, and then processing them further.

Thank you for the script!

Great idea YAFU!
A script to use G’MIC filters in the compositor… would be simply amazing.

PS
even simple level integration would still be great

any news about this in win10 and blender 2.9

This awesome and amazing and I’m really glad I clicked on it basically by accident as I don’t call this addon gmic - I call it either re-synthesiser or heal selection. I would personally think of this as more of a compositor thing than a VSE thing, but it still looks really awesome and could probably be used alongside some ai based rotoscope no this could be some powerful rig removal tools.