Blender 2d game

Hi,

I would like to do a 2d game but i am not really prepared. Can someone please help me?like for ex. Is it better to do someone wlaking or an image moving? Do i need scripts?And how do i put limited time for ex. After 300 seconds you lose?

Thank you.

Hello
are you searching for the “make a game” button?!
Games, even the simplest ones, take lots of time ( and knowledge) to get done!
Play with the thousands? demos already available and you’ll be “prepared” one of these days!
Anyway:
“Is it better to do someone wlaking or an image moving”?
Well, that depends on the “gameplay” of the game, and the “style” you want to get, both methods are “good”, I guess!
“Do i need scripts”?
No! Specially if you don’t know how to write them!
But there’s many freely available!
“And how do i put limited time for ex. After 300 seconds you lose?”
Property Actuator - Interval - Prop: Lose - Min: 300 Max: 302 -> AND -> Game Actuator - Quit this game
Bye

Well, as for your first question, if you’re talking about animation, that’s up to you to decide - some games have animation, some don’t. There’s no law on it - you have to choose. To do animation, yes, you will need scripts. In fact, if you’re making a 2D game, I would recommend you to learn Python, as otherwise, it will be difficult. As for the time limit, there’s a Timer object property type.

If you want to make a 2d game the BGE is mostlikely not the best choice. It is possible but the focus is 3D. You might want to look for a 2D game engine.

@Monster - I wouldn’t necessarily say that - 2D games are possible. In fact, I’ve made more than one in the BGE, and the result was fairly good, I think. I think that if he doesn’t know Python, it will be difficult, so that would be the first place to start.

What kind of scripts do I need?

Well, I would recommend learning Python, as it won’t be easy. However, to start with, I would recommend my Sprites module, which allows you to animate 2D sprites in the game engine.