Blender 3.0 Beta Asset Browser Problem

Hey,

I used the addon Simple Asset Manager for quite some time but was interested in checking out the new Blender 3.0 Beta, especially the asset browser. I found some tutorials where people easily right click collections and mark them as assets but in my case these are greyed out when I try to do that with a red text saying “Disabled: data blocks does not support asset operations”. I can only mark single objects as an asset.

Does anyone else encountered that behaviour in the Beta? Maybe this is still some Beta limitation or what else do I have to do to mark collections as assets?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Chris ^^

Hey, I experienced the same.
Later found out some explanation on YT but didn’t went through with it.

Just now I downloaded the Linux x64 beta and it works. (Without doing anything except adding the path in preferences)

Hi, same here. Downloaded the newest version of Blender 3 Beta for Windows. Can’t find any explanation why collections can’t be marked as an asset for the asset browser (anymore?) …

collections are working on 3.1

Ok, a bit strange because I saw a YouTube tutorial video nearly two months ago about a guy using the asset browser in Blender 2.93 if I remember correctly, and he easily right clicked on collections and added them to the browser.

Checked it in the Blender 3.0 release but still no luck. Same error message, damn…this kinda sucks. :-/