Blender 3.0?

Just a question, when do you think Blender 3.0 will come out, considering the development speed of Blender?

Check the blendernation websites backlog.

They had an article showing projected timelines about a month ago. IIRC, It’s scheduled for January.

@lordcooper,

It’s scheduled for January.

err… blender 2.48 was in october 2008. it’s now blender 2.49… if blender 2.5 is a major release what is 3.0 going to be like?
long way off.

grrr, messing with my evilness!

unlike alot of programs that jump revision by a half point from 1.0 to 1.5 blender does it by hundreds of a point, drom 1.0 to 1.1 to 1.1.1 and even then sometimes goes a sub point further such as 2.4.9 a or b. so it’s gonna tabe blender years to get there, we are still 50 releases away from 3.0.

Blender 2.5.1.4.8.7.9.5.6.4.3.a.ii will have n-gons

2012 - that is just a number i pulled out of thin air…

but, it would not surprise me.

oh well. :spin: :slight_smile:

Does anyone know when blender 2.0 was released?

When they sell primary rights to Google next year, it will be branched and the first GoogleBlender will be 3.0

:wink:

If you consider that there will be a minor version bump with every project held in the blender institute and that there will be 1-2 projects a year then it will be in 2-3 years.

I see where you’re going with this.

You think that if 2.0 was released in, say, 2000 and 2.5 will (probably) be released in 2010 then 3.0 will be on track for 2020.

Unfortunately, that’s not how things work.

I would say (and I’m just saying, not trying to offend) that you would do a lot better learning how to use what blender offers now instead of worrying about what it will offer in the future. All the fancy features and arbitrary release numbers aren’t going to improve your modeling as much as good old fashioned practice.

I am happy with what blender has, and I don’t even know all the features Blender has to offer. It’s just that I’m curious.

Sell out to Google? Dont Scare me like that.

Or they could call it Blender 2.CS5, this way, they be right on par with Adobe :wink:

It’ll be released when Microsoft releases a product that doesn’t suck. (it would be a vacuum cleaner, of course)

way to shit on a thread with your biased garbage.

Useless thread, still unnecessary.