Blender 3D: Noob to Pro

Mornin’ Y’all!

Just thought I’d post a thread about the Noob to Pro wikibook:D To quote the title page:

Blender 3D: Noob to Pro is a product of shared effort by numerous team members and anonymous editors. Its purpose is to teach people how to create three-dimensional computer graphics using Blender, a free software application.

Wikibooks is a Wikimedia project for writing open-content textbooks that anyone, including you, can edit right now by clicking on the edit link that appears near the top of each Wikibooks page.

Contributors maintain the property rights to their contributions, while the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License and the GNU Free Documentation License makes sure that the submitted version and its derivative works will always remain freely distributable and reproducible.

So yeah, just thought I’d mention that:yes: BTW if you want to help out with updating the book, keep in mind that full explanations with pictures are necessary;)

The wikibook is currently being updated for the 2.5 series so don’t be surprised if you encounter some ancient history:p

Sorry, but the style of this is so horrendous that after about the little man with the hat it’s unreadable and can’t be recommended to those learning Blender. All that click-LMB and MMB and what not… Why not just use the human-readable convention of click, right-click and middle-click? Not to speak of all the repetition and inline discussions… Just take the whole site down and stop confusing newbies. Direct them to wiki.blender.org instead. The style there isn’t greatly better, but at least it isn’t written and presented as poorly.

Quite true:yes: And that’s exactly why Wikibooks can be edited by anyone! (including you;))

I definitely disagree with that:no:

Well, the more the merrier:eyebrowlift:

This book seems to be written for Blender version 2.49.

I would suggest that you put that in the title (Blender 3D version 2.49: Noob to Pro).

Otherwise, someone trying to learn the most recent version (2.58a) will start to read the book and try the examples, only to find out that they probably don’t work.

That’s why I mentioned that it’s being updated for the 2.5x series;)