Blender 4.0 is out of GPU memory everytime I render animation

I have an rtx 4070ti, with intel cpu and 64gb ram. From the moment i downloaded blender 4.0, it never finishes a render animation (image sequence) with cycles. It always says that the system is out of gpu memory after 10 or 20 renders. I have tried everything to fix the issue (render with cpu, cuda, optix, other denoisers, less light bounces, less samples, less pixels, spatial splits, compact bvh, low quality textures and hdri, older nvidia drivers etc.) but it stays no matter what. Someone suggested to render my animations in a previous version, so i downloaded 3.6 and there is no problem there. So what is happening with the new version? Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Check if gpu’s vram is lacking during rendering.

If you run out of vram, you will use shared memory, which can cause errors for a number of reasons.

Sometimes the message was ‘‘system is out of gpy and shared host memory’’. I will track the vram tho, thanks

1 Like

Here is problem same kind with Blender 4.0 that it doesn’t “wash” GPU memory. When rendering one frame (taking 22Gb of VRAM), it reserved this memory and can’t go rendered viewport anymore (GPU memory full). I have to reboot Blender and after this memory is “washed”.

Yed, also for me the same. If I close the program and reopen it, it will keep going for a little while.
I have found a temporary solution, i redowloaded blender 3.6, and the rendering doesnt stop. Although, i did this on a pc that runs on 4060ti which has more vram than 4070 ti.
On my pc with the 4070ti the problem hasnt been fixed, but for some reason got a little better when i dowloaded the previous nvidia driver.

1 Like