Blender actions delayed by one step?

Hey, recently a strange impossible to work with bug is happening in my blender…I have noticed that whatever action I do will not apply to the screen only until after another action is done.

for instance, i select a mesh and hit tab to go into edit mode, cursor changes to edit mode cursor but it physically does not go into edit mode until i press another key/click somewhere/ move my mouse over the menu.
same goes for ctrl z, selecting and moving stuff and basically every other action.
I have tried updating my graphics card and intel chip drivers and they are all seemingly up to date.
this just suddenly happened without warning. I use 2.49b but the bug occurs on my 2.6 too.

thanks for the help.

This is happening to me also. I’m running Windows 8 x64 with Blender x64. I’ve tried running with Norton, anti-keylogger shut off but doesn’t solve the problem. Key and mouse delay by one step. I’ve also tried Blender in x32, XP compatibility mode. Still has the delay.

If you solve this issue can you please post the solution?

Thanks for the help.

Hey, I have not found a solution to this problem but i’m bumping this in case anyone has

Hi I just logged in to create a thread about this problem, it is happening to me as well.
I am also using Windows 8 x64.

When I start Blender it always start as a minimized (Well maybe it isn’t called minimized. What I mean is it isn’t full screen. I have to press the button next to the “X”) window and when I press the button to maximize it there is some kind of bug and the whole interface just dissapears or there are only parts of it showing.
To fix this I have to minimize the window and bring it up again.

And when the problem happens where every action is delayed it sometimes help to minimize the window and maximize it again, but only for a little while.
This started happening yesterday for me.

SOLUTION win 7 or 8: select blender.exe with right mouse click in win explorer and select run it with graphics processor

SOLUTION win 7 or 8: select blender.exe with right mouse click in win explorer and select run it with graphics processor.