Blender actions? (like Photoshop)

Hello everyone!

First of all, I don’t really know where to put this. So sorry if this is in the wrong section.

What I would like to know:
Is there a way to create “actions” in Blender like it is possible in Photoshop?
It would be nice to have such a feature to automate routines without having to know python.

Many thanks in advance,
Greetings,
Shu

hello, you can try turn to Scripting Screen Layout. For make something like Photoshop Actionscripts with e.g. two functions “Extrude” verticles and “Merge At Center” go to Text Editor menu Templates->Python->Bmesh Simple Editmode. And now in “# Modify the BMesh, can do anything here…” you can add own functions copied from above “Info” terminal. E.g. in 3D view window select some verticles, and press E, next press ALT+M and and merge at center. In “Info” terminal you will see python commands for copy.

# Modify the BMesh, can do anything here...

bpy.ops.mesh.extrude_region_move(MESH_OT_extrude_region={"mirror":False}, TRANSFORM_OT_translate={"value":(0, 0, 0), "constraint_axis":(False, False, False), "constraint_orientation":'GLOBAL', "mirror":False, "proportional":'DISABLED', "proportional_edit_falloff":'SMOOTH', "proportional_size":1, "snap":False, "snap_target":'CLOSEST', "snap_point":(0, 0, 0), "snap_align":False, "snap_normal":(0, 0, 0), "texture_space":False, "remove_on_cancel":False, "release_confirm":False})

bpy.ops.mesh.merge(type='CENTER')

and last in Edit mode in 3D view select another verticles, go to Text editor and from Text menu run Run Script (Alt+P), it should execute two function one by one.

Hope it helps

Attachments

Thank you very much for your answer, PiotrPL!
This is very helpful!
I didn’t know one can just copy “action steps” so that they can be used afterwards as a whole script.
It’s very convenient compared to actually programming it. Especially if one doesn’t want to learn Python for that.
Maybe there is a further solution for that, but at the moment, the only downside to this is that I can’t access the created script easily.
I can’t just hit a button and the action will start. Blender’s Text Editor has to be opened, then I have to load the script and finally I can run it.
Having direct access to it would be nice. Maybe I could add something to the tool shelf? Or create shortcuts for the scripts?

EDIT:
I think, for example, having three buttons that rotate the selection 90° around the x-/y- and z-axis, would be useful to have in Blender.

Thank you very much for the information, PiotrPL!
I will take a look at it and see what I can do!