Blender Add-on (DecalMachine) activation problem

Hello, I have encountered a problem while activating blender addon called “DecalMachine 1.9.2” in blender 2.83.0 when I try to open pie menu of add-on I get this error
"

bpy.data.window_managers[“WinMan”].addon_search = “deca”
bpy.ops.machin3.install_pil()
bpy.ops.machin3.call_decal_pie(idname=“decal_machine”)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Beattle\Downloads\blender-2.83.0-windows64\blender-2.83.0-windows64\2.83\scripts\addons\DECALmachine\ui\operators\call_pie.py”, line 14, in invoke
current_tool = ToolSelectPanelHelper._tool_get_active(context, ‘VIEW_3D’, None)[0][0]
File “C:\Users\Beattle\Downloads\blender-2.83.0-windows64\blender-2.83.0-windows64\2.83\scripts\startup\bl_ui\space_toolsystem_common.py”, line 294, in _tool_get_active
for item in ToolSelectPanelHelper._tools_flatten(cls.tools_from_context(context, mode)):
AttributeError: type object ‘ToolSelectPanelHelper’ has no attribute ‘tools_from_context’

"
I’m no technical person so I don’t know how to solve it I tried to look at internet for the solution but no luck there
thanks

I have to ask have you had any other problems, add and activating add-ons?
I ask as your location for Blender is a little odd placing it in your downloads folder.
Are you trying to keep everything out of the app data folder?

The error is a basic “I can’t find this” error.

Personally, I would move blender to another location…for example I have a folder under
C:\Users\My_Name\Temp and in there I have 4 blender versions. Each with the added Prefs Folder to keep things separate. But each to his own…

I would do a manual re-install of Decalmachine…following this…HERE

For me, everything works on Blender 2.81 but not 2.82 and above. Decalmachine 1.9.3
I have this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\PC COMPUTER\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\DECALmachine\ui\operators\call_pie.py”, line 29, in invoke
self.open_pie(context, event)
File “core.pyx”, line 608, in core.open_pie
File “C:\Users\PC COMPUTER\Desktop\BLENDER\blender-2.83.0-windows64\2.83\scripts\startup\bl_ui\space_toolsystem_common.py”, line 294, in _tool_get_active
for item in ToolSelectPanelHelper._tools_flatten(cls.tools_from_context(context, mode)):
AttributeError: type object ‘ToolSelectPanelHelper’ has no attribute ‘tools_from_context’

Ask in either the DecalMachine thread or try the Support Wiki

I would ask in the support thread as it first ask to get some files and shows you how to do it…and especially your problems are not the common…I can’t get it to work problems…

1 Like

https://machin3.io/DECALmachine/docs/faq/#get-support

1 Like