Blender add-on inspired on MODO Polystein- beta testers needed

would it be easy to make a creature creator?It would create animals and
humanoids.The creatures would have
to have great topology for videogames.

Yeah that can be done too… i’ll do an example video it works great to have a library of hands and feet for example…that way if you have one or many base body…you can play around and create different type of assets…

What is the workflow to make an asset for the library without topology errors?

i’ll upload a video today…but mainly you just need to create your preset, align it to the +Z axis…select the edge you want to be the stitched edge…and click the add preset button… as long as the number of edges in your mesh match the number of edges of the presets the stitching will be clean…if it doesn’t i created a mix of what blender bridge does…and a custom algorithm…that will result on a relatively clean stitch…but depending on your base mesh…it will need addition cleaning

Here is a new video that shows how easy is to create your own presets with the tool

Your addon interface got ‘float’ and ‘stitch’. Float put a ‘preset’ mesh on the target mesh without ‘bending’ the same ‘preset’ mesh; while Stitch, well, is the main protagonist of your addon and Polystein and similar tools. How about adding a third option like “float & curved”? (blender got a couple of modifiers for ‘projecting’ a mesh and bendin’it if the target mesh got curved surface. Dont know if other 3d apps got similar functions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSxaEjtXI7Y ) That request could not be the best for a clean topo asset for games (these meshes floating on the target mesh, but at the same time they’r not destroy the ‘original’ topology of the target mesh) , but for renders/proto/concept could be a nice addition. As I said it’s already possible within blender, peraphs you can find a way to make that process more direct from your app interface (if you find that request of your taste/purpose of course).

Thanks for sharing the video…i’ll definelty will look into that :slight_smile:

It seems, I stucked at password section.
Can’t create account because of unknown error)

this looks great too if you need some inspiration ^^

if you add those features i’m definately gonna buy it :slight_smile: