Blender addon only works in scene it was installed on

hello trying to figure out this bug that started occurring

looks like i can only access addons on the scenes they were installed on, if i make a new scene the addon disapears and if its reinstalled it gets this error message

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “X:\Program Files\Blender\2.80\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 330, in enable importlib.reload(mod) File “X:\Program Files\Blender\2.80\python\lib\importlib_init_.py”, line 169, in reload _bootstrap._exec(spec, module) File “”, line 630, in _exec File “”, line 728, in exec_module File “”, line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed File “X:\Program Files\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Scatter_S1.py”, line 62, in class SCATTER_AddonPref(AddonPreferences): File “X:\Program Files\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Scatter_S1.py”, line 65, in SCATTER_AddonPref addon_prefs = bpy.context.preferences.addons[name].preferences

KeyError: ‘bpy_prop_collection[key]: key “Scatter_S1” not found’

|220x126.60968660969

It looks like its looking for the objects i have in the scene and wont load if their not there, please help me fix this

thank you

Looks like there’s a missing prop collection but we can’t help fix anything without code.

missing prop for the plugin? i posted the error code, but its not this addon its all addons that are doing this now

Without knowing the addon or how it works I assume it’s missing a prop collection added to the blend file scene.

But if you’re somehow getting an error like this for every single addon then as a test I would download the latest portable zip of blender and extract it into a folder.

Inside the version folder, create an empty folder called “config” so that it won’t use your existing preferences or mess them up.

Now launch the portable Blender and then install the addons to it and try some of your usual workflows. If everything is working in the portable blender then somehow something broke in your regular blender and either you need to nuke your existing preferences or reinstall.